How to Apply
The Little School welcomes children and families who are compatible with the school's values and mission. Our admission process is designed to ensure that students admitted to The Little School will thrive in our dynamic, hands-on, social learning environment. The regular admission procedure begins in September, one year before the child's anticipated entrance.
Step-by-Step Admission Process
- Schedule a tour and/or attend our Open House.
Tours for prospective parents/guardians are conducted on Tuesdays and occasional Thursdays, October through January, beginning at 9 a.m. Spring tours are scheduled on request as space allows. The tours are an opportunity to see the school's classrooms, campus, ask questions and occasionally talk with teachers.
- Submit an online application by January 12, 2017.
A $75 application fee will be collected as part of the process. Please also submit a current family picture.
- Follow up with your child’s current teacher to provide a teacher evaluation.
- After receiving your completed application, we will schedule a school visit for your child.
These visits take place between January and March. For older applicants, this will be a morning visit with a current class of students of similar age. For our two- and three-year-old applicants, this will be a visit/play group time with a teacher, the director of admission and a learning specialist.
- If needed, complete a financial aid application by February 15, 2017.
More information about financial aid opportunities can be found on our Tuition & Financial Aid page.