The mission of The Little School is to keep alive each child’s natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, to support balanced social and academic skill development, and to foster community minded, compassionate and intrinsically motivated students.
Extended Day Teachers
Are you looking to gain professional teaching experience working in a dynamic school setting? The Little School is hiring Extended Day teachers to begin in late August 2019 for the 2019-2020 academic year. Located in Bellevue, WA, our school offers preschool through 5th grade students a safe environment to build upon their inherent strengths and to support them as they expand their knowledge, develop skills and deepen their empathy.
Extended Day Teachers must be available to work between the hours of 2:30-6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Additional hours, including teacher-subbing and other work could arise depending on experience and availability.
- Co-lead daily, highly engaging afterschool activities indoors and outdoors with 3-10-year-olds.
- Maintaining appropriate limits and boundaries.
- Interact professionally with parents, guardians and other staff members.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of After School Programs.
Skills and Experience
- Previous professional experience working with preschool and/or elementary school age children is preferred.
- Proven experience in organization, lesson plan/implementation, conflict resolution and critical thinking.
- Prefer Associates or bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
Candidates must have the following professional and personal attributes and commitments
- An excitement for teaching and learning alongside young children.
- A commitment to collaboration and building partnerships with children, colleagues and families.
- A sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable.
- Strong communication and relational skills. Positive performance in preparedness, attendance and punctuality.
- Interest and curiosity about progressive education, child development, equity, inclusion and social justice.
To Apply: please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible:
- Brief cover letter
Compensation: This is an hourly position (3.5 hours/day), $19.57/hr.
All staff must have:
- Current First Aid/CPR and BBP/HIV training certification or be willing to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Current TB test results.
- 20 Hour STARS training or be willing to obtain within one year of hire
- Successfully pass a background check
It is our strong desire to build a diverse community of students, families, and staff. The Little School does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or family composition in the administration of its admissions, financial aid, hiring or any other school-administered programs.