The mission of The Little School is to keep alive each child’s natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, to support balanced social and academic skill development, and to foster community minded, compassionate and intrinsically motivated students.
Head of School
The Little School is looking for our next Head of School to build on the legacy of outgoing Head of School Peter Berner-Hays. The application deadline is September 28, 2018, with the position beginning July 1, 2019. Information about the position and how to apply is included in the Opportunity Statement below.
After School Extended Day Program Teacher
The Little School has Extended Day teacher positions open beginning immediately. The Little School serves approximately 160 children ages 3-11 on a 12-acre wooded campus in Bellevue, Washington. This position works with a small group of children from Monday through Friday, 2:30-6 p.m. We aim to teach, nurture and challenge every student by building deep understandings of children and their learning.
- Independently supervise a small group of students, maintaining appropriate limits and boundaries, and engaging with students in ways that promote the After School Extended Day program as an extension of the classroom
- Become familiar with classroom routines and behavioral expectations in order to have a consistent approach in the after-school program
- Assist in classroom set up and clean up as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of After School Programs
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of one year’s experience working with preschool and/or elementary school age children
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
Candidates must have the following professional and personal attributes and commitments
- An excitement for teaching and learning alongside young children
- An appreciation for the complexity and uniqueness of children’s developmental timetables
- A commitment to collaboration and building partnerships with children, colleagues and families
- A sense of humor and a love of the life of school
- The ability to work hard and have fun simultaneously
- Strong verbal, written, planning, organizational and relational skills
- Orientation as a learner with the ability to learn from direct and honest feedback
- A willingness to pitch in when/where needed
- Understanding of and commitment to progressive education ideals and practices, democratic values, equity, inclusion and social justice
Compensation: Hourly position, $19/hr
Important resources to get to know The Little School include:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To be considered: please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible:
- Letter of interest
- Three references
It is our strong desire to build a diverse community of students, families, and staff. The Little School does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or family composition in the administration of its admissions, financial aid, hiring or any other school-administered programs.