The mission of The Little School is to keep alive each child’s natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, to support balanced social and academic skill development, and to foster community minded, compassionate and intrinsically motivated students.
After School Extended Day Program Teacher
Are you looking to gain professional teaching experience working in a dynamic school setting with great colleagues and mentors? The Little School has an Extended Day teacher position open, beginning immediately. This position works with a small group of 5-6-year-olds from Monday through Friday, 2:30-6 p.m.
- Co-lead daily afterschool activities indoors and outdoors with 5-6-year-olds.
- Design activities and engage with students in ways that promote their curiosity and discovery.
- Maintain appropriate limits and boundaries.
- Assist in classroom set up, clean up and snack.
- Interact professionally with parents, guardians and other staff members.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of After School Programs.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of one year’s experience working with preschool and/or elementary school age children.
- Prefer Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field.
Candidates must have the following professional and personal attributes and commitments
- An excitement for teaching and learning alongside young children.
- A commitment to collaboration and building partnerships with children, colleagues and families.
- A sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable.
- Strong communication and relational skills.
- Orientation as a learner with the ability to learn from direct and honest feedback.
- Interest and curiosity about progressive education, child development, equity, inclusion and social justice.
To Apply: please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible:
- Brief cover letter
Compensation: This is an hourly position without benefits, $19/hr. Opportunities for subbing and other work could arise depending on experience and availability.
It is our strong desire to build a diverse community of students, families, and staff. The Little School does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or family composition in the administration of its admissions, financial aid, hiring or any other school-administered programs.