The mission of The Little School is to keep alive each child’s natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, to support balanced social and academic skill development, and to foster community minded, compassionate and intrinsically motivated students.
DEI Mission: We will reflect on our own identities, be curious about the experiences and perspectives of others, and seek to understand how our identities intersect. We strive to create an educational culture where struggle and discomfort are embraced as necessary for increased understanding and a community whose members are humble, curious, kind and committed to social justice.
DEI Vision: The Little School creates innovative learning communities committed to equity, intentionality and continuous inquiry and growth.
The Little School does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or family composition in the administration of its admissions, financial aid, hiring or any other school-administered programs. The Little School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
Thank you for your interest in The Little School. We regularly hire for lead teachers, associate teachers, Extended Day and Summer Camp staff between March and August. If you are interested in any of those positions, please send a resume, letter of interest and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials are reviewed as they are received, and we will reach out to qualified applicants as open positions are posted.
In addition, if you are interested in being part of our sub-pool, please send your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com.
Are you looking to gain professional teaching experience working in a dynamic school setting? The Little School is hiring Extended Day teachers. Located in Bellevue, Washington.
The Little School serves approximately 208 children, ages 3-11, on a 12.5-acre wooded campus. The school builds upon student strengths and interests to support academic, social, emotional and physical growth in a fun and engaging environment. We seek candidates who understand and appreciate the power of childhood and children as unique individuals learning in a social context.
The Little School aims to build a diverse teaching staff that reflects the mix of local and international students and families in our school community. Candidates of color (BIPOC) and candidates with international experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Extended Day teachers must be available to work between the hours of 2:30-6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Additional hours, including all day camps, substitute teaching or other work could arise, depending on experience and availability.
- Plan and lead daily, highly engaging afterschool activities indoors and outdoors with 3-10 year-olds.
- Maintain appropriate limits and boundaries.
- Interact professionally with parents, guardians and other staff members.
- Other duties as assigned by the director of after school programs.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous professional experience working with preschool and/or elementary school age children is preferred.
- Prefer associate’s or bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
The ideal candidate brings the following professional and personal attributes and commitments:
- An excitement for teaching and learning alongside young children.
- A commitment to collaboration and building partnerships with children, colleagues and families.
- A sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable.
- Strong communication and relational skills.
- Consistent preparedness, attendance and punctuality.
- Interest and curiosity about education, child development, equity, inclusion and social justice.
To Apply: please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail):
- Brief cover letter
Compensation: This is an hourly position (3.5 hours/day), $19.57/hr.
All staff must have:
- Current First Aid/CPR and BBP/HIV training certification or be willing to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Current TB test results or be willing to obtain a test result within 2 months of hire.
- 20 Hour STARS training or be willing to obtain within 1 year of hire.
- Successfully pass a background check.
Get to know us more: https://www.thelittleschool.org/about-tls
Job Type: Part-time
COVID-19 Considerations: COVID-19 vaccination required, face masks, disinfecting and daily health screening required.