The mission of The Little School is to keep alive each child’s natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, to support balanced social and academic skill development, and to foster community minded, compassionate and intrinsically motivated students.
It is our strong desire to build a diverse community of students, families, and staff. The Little School does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or family composition in the administration of its admissions, financial aid, hiring or any other school-administered programs. The Little School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
Thank you for your interest in The Little School. We currently do not have any openings, but if you are interested in being part of our sub-pool, please send your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com.
The Little School is hiring a full-time Technology Integration and Innovation Specialist to begin work in August of 2020. This is an exciting opportunity for someone committed to the hands-on, meaningful, integrated learning that characterizes progressive education. The Little School serves approximately 165 children ages 3-11 on a 12.5-acre wooded campus in Bellevue filled with inspiring child-centered learning spaces. We are seeking candidates who are powerful collaborators, integrators and innovators that are driven by a commitment to curiosity, inquiry and meaning for students and colleagues. Successful candidates also understand the impact of digital storytelling and seek to elevate the school’s stories through our website and social media platforms.
Requirements: Experience bringing meaningful technology experiences to elementary classrooms, experience facilitating professional development for educators, bachelor’s degree (BA or BS), maker disposition and experience coordinating design process desired.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and specialists to design and teach hands-on learning experiences that complement and enhance an integrated curriculum.
- Infuse useful technology tools into student learning. “See” tech integration opportunities everywhere – beyond the walls of the classroom, even in the outdoors.
- Coordinate with the Program Leadership Team to support professional development for faculty and staff regarding technology and digital fluency.
- Inspire and implement the continued evolution of our Connected Learning program.
- Coordinate with the Technology Manager regarding hardware and network needs.
- Provide resources and leadership regarding the development of future technology strategy and plans.
- Partner with the Advancement Team on website and social media presence.
- Document, write and speak professionally about the program and children's work: present at parent education events, actively participate in professional associations, and engage with prospective students and families.
- Convey understanding of and commitment to progressive education ideals and practices, equity, inclusion and social justice; integrate these ideals in curriculum, teaching and communication with children, families and colleagues.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
- Frequently twist/bend/stoop/squat; stand/walk, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Work outdoors on a regular basis, occasionally in inclement weather.
- Work and attend various events that take place on evenings and weekends.
Compensation includes competitive faculty salary, health, vision, dental and retirement benefits.
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible:
Resume, letter of interest and three references.
The Little School is looking for dynamic teachers to work in associate roles in partnership with our elementary teaching teams. The Associate Teacher program is bringing The Little School back to its roots as a place to nurture progressive educators in the early years of their careers. Associates receive training and support both from their teaching teams and from school leadership using an apprenticeship model. Learning goals are individualized with Associate Teachers achieving their professional goals in one to three years.
The Little School serves approximately 160 children, ages 3-11, on a 12.5-acre wooded campus in Bellevue, Washington. We seek candidates who understand and appreciate the power of childhood and children as unique individuals learning in a social context. This is a full-time 10-month position, scheduled around the school day with before-school and after-school responsibilities. Associate Teachers collaborate in multiple classrooms at a level and are involved in planning, professional development activities, and all aspects of campus life. The position begins August 17, 2020.
- Support the social, emotional, and academic growth of students using principles of developmentally appropriate practice
- Engage in ongoing collaboration and communication with lead teachers to develop effective work plans, schedules, and regular responsibilities
- Support the design of classroom routines and behavioral expectations so as to work effectively as a teaching team
- Work with students individually, in small groups and as a whole class
- Independently supervise lunch and outside time, maintaining appropriate limits and boundaries, and engaging with students in ways that promote outside time as an extension of the classroom
- Maintain inviting, intentional and organized classroom spaces
- Learn and grow professional skills, maintaining an authentic interest in being part of a passionate progressive educational community
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of one year of experience working with elementary school age children
- Prior experience working collaboratively with another adult in a school or similar setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field preferred
- Fluency with classroom-based and distance-learning technology
Compensation will be based on candidate’s experience and background and is competitive with similar positions in Seattle area independent schools.
Please submit a resume, a letter of interest and the names of three references to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Are you looking to gain professional teaching experience working in a dynamic school setting? The Little School is hiring Extended Day teachers. Located in Bellevue, WA, our school offers preschool through 5th grade students a safe environment to build upon their inherent strengths and to support them as they expand their knowledge, develop skills and deepen their empathy.
Extended Day Teachers must be available to work between the hours of 2:30-6 p.m., Monday-Friday. Additional hours, including teacher subbing and other work could arise, depending on experience and availability.
- Co-lead daily, highly engaging afterschool activities indoors and outdoors with 3-10 year-olds.
- Maintaining appropriate limits and boundaries.
- Interact professionally with parents, guardians and other staff members.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of After School Programs.
Skills and Experience
- Previous professional experience working with preschool and/or elementary school age children is preferred.
- Proven experience in organization, lesson plan/implementation, conflict resolution and critical thinking.
- Prefer Associates or bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
Candidates must have the following professional and personal attributes and commitments
- An excitement for teaching and learning alongside young children.
- A commitment to collaboration and building partnerships with children, colleagues and families.
- A sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable.
- Strong communication and relational skills. Positive performance in preparedness, attendance and punctuality.
- Interest and curiosity about progressive education, child development, equity, inclusion and social justice.
To Apply: please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Brief cover letter
Compensation: This is an hourly position (3.5 hours/day), $19.57/hr.
All staff must have:
- Current First Aid/CPR and BBP/HIV training certification or be willing to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Current TB test results or be willing to obtain a test result within 2 months of hire.
- 20 Hour STARS training or be willing to obtain within 1 year of hire
- Successfully pass a background check
Get to know us more: https://www.thelittleschool.org/about-tls