Tuition & Financial Aid
Investing in your child’s early education supports the development of crucial learning habits that last a lifetime. However, we know that affording an independent school education can be challenging for young families. Since we seek to create a learning community that reflects the makeup of our area, socially, culturally and economically, the school has made a commitment to ensuring a TLS education is more affordable. The Little School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
The school has significant financial funds available and invites you to apply for assistance alongside your application for admission. Admission decisions are made on a need-blind basis, independent of financial assistance decisions. We want to enroll children and families who are good fits for the school and then figure out ways to make it affordable. Please call Regan Wensnahan, Director of Enrollment Management, at 425-827-4609 ext. 102 for more information.
Tuition Rates and Fees for the 2020-21 School Year
Application Fee (Non-refundable): $75
Tuition for Full-day Program: $26,500
Tuition for Half-day Program: $14,600
Tuition Deposit (Non-refundable): $2,650 (full day) / $1,460 (half day)
Tuition Refund Insurance (optional): $583 (full day) / $321 (half day)
A Typical Financial Year at The Little School
- Tuition: It can be paid in one, three or nine installments. Expect an increase of 4-6% each year.
- Annual Fund: Gifts range from $10 to more than $10,000 and go to cover the difference between tuition and actual cost of funding a TLS education. The difference is approximately $2,000 per student, but families are encouraged to give an amount that is commensurate with their ability. With each gift comes the message that you support the faculty, staff and programs of The Little School, and together all gifts have a significant impact.
- Auction: We ask that all families contribute by donating or procuring items that would be of interest to others in our community. The amount of purchases and donations made at the auction vary.
- Extended Day/Enrichment Program/Break Camp: Costs vary based on usage.
- Additional Costs: Individual and class pictures, classroom gifts and class auction project support can be expected for all families.
The opportunity to provide assistance for families in need is an important aspect of our school’s vitality and mission. Financial aid grants are awarded based on an independent assessment of each family’s circumstances, the total pool of financial aid applications and the availability of financial assistance funds. Family financial assistance information is held in strict confidence and is reviewed and awarded independently of the admission process.
The Little School uses the FAST online application system. If you have questions while completing the online application, please call FAST directly at their 24-hour call center: 1-877-326-FAST (3278).