After-school Care at The Little School offers a supportive and exciting environment that is responsive to the needs and interests of children of all ages. After the school day is done, students often require the flexibility to not only engage in independent projects and free play, but also in group games and teacher-directed activities. As such, the Extended Day program utilizes our campus in creative ways that incorporate our wonderful indoor and outdoor spaces. Our Extended Day program is truly an extension of the school day, and our talented staff provides a safe, nurturing environment for children to learn and explore outside of school hours.
During this time, we do encourage families to pack a snack for their child if they are attending Extended Day, but we will have prepackaged snacks available. We do take allergies very seriously and make reasonable accommodations for dietary restrictions.
Our Extended Day program is from 3-6 p.m. with the following pricing:
- $14/hr. drop-in rate – no contract
- $11.20/hr. monthly contract – 5 days a week
- $12.60/hr. monthly contract – consistent, part-time usage
To provide the best experience for our students in After-school Care and to staff accordingly, families are asked to reserve space for consistent usage in advance.
- We are happy to provide drop-in care if space allows. Email Director of After School Program Ray Castillo Jr by 3 p.m. on the school day before care is needed with your request.
- Students who are not picked up within 15 minutes of their dismissal time will be taken to Extended Day and charged at the drop-in rate of $14/hr.
- If you need to miss a regularly scheduled day, please provide at least 24 hours’ notice. You will be charged for the entire 3 hours if your child is scheduled and enough notice of absence is not received.
Students will be automatically signed into Extended Day. Families will use the SchoolPass app to sign students out of Extended Day when arriving on campus. For those using drop-in Extended Day, your child’s sign-in and sign-out times will be recorded, and families will be charged at the end of the month through FACTS for the time used.