Today is the deadline for current parents/guardians of TLS students looking to apply through the special sibling application process for the 2020-2021 school year. Please log on to our online application portal, Ravenna, to complete a sibling application. Early sibling admission decisions will be released in January before our regular March 20 admissions decisions.
Additionally, there are still a few openings left for the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested, please email Regan to learn more about the mid-year enrollment process. We look forward to receiving your applications!
Family Night and Book Fair are this Friday, December 6. We are excited to welcome families to school, explore your child’s classroom learning spaces together, visit with specialists and browse the book fair.
Below is the classroom schedule for families to visit with their child(ren):
- Early Childhood Classes – 3:30-4:30 p.m. (Kristin, Mandy, Mem, Miss Jackie and Cindy W.)
- Primary Classes – 4:30-5:30 p.m. (Jackie H., Taira, Alison and Cindy S.)
- Intermediate and Upper-Level Classes – 5:30-6:30 p.m. (Michele, Amanda, Katie and Heidi)
- Book Fair – 2:45-7 p.m. in the library. We will have a wide variety of children’s books for sale from Secret Garden Books with all proceeds supporting our school library.
Here's what you need to know about parking and shuttle options:
- 2:45-3:30 p.m. – Park at the church lot and ride the shuttle. Please note the church lot closes at 6 p.m.
- 3:30-5 p.m. – Park at TLS if available, or park at Overlake Speciality School and walk or ride the shuttle to and from campus.
- 5-7 p.m. – Park at TLS, Overlake Specialty School or the Buchan Building, and walk or ride the shuttle to and from campus.
For families not attending Family Night:
- Meadows – Notify the classroom teacher to have your child waiting at 3:30 p.m. for pickup at the Turnaround.
- Woods/Cedars – Afternoon pickup will be staffed at the Turnaround as usual.
Please also note that Extended Day is at capacity on Friday and is unable to accommodate last minute requests. If you have questions about the event, please email Alice.
The admissions season for next year has started! We know that most prospective families hear about TLS from someone they know. If you have any friends or colleagues with school-aged children, please considering sharing our two upcoming admissions events with them:
- Prospective Parent Coffee: Friday, December 6 from 9:30-10:30 a.m. in the Meadows Center Room
- Open House: Saturday, January 11 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
The Little School PGA is partnering with Hopelink for a holiday food drive. We will be collecting food at the Turnaround and the church, Monday-Friday next week. With the very diverse background of people served by Hopelink, they tend to look for more general items, such as canned food. All food MUST be shelf stable and non-perishable. Some simple options are:
- Canned meals (chili, ravioli, etc. – pop top preferred)
- Canned meat (tuna, chicken, salmon)
- Dry beans
- Fruit (canned or dried)
- Grains (pasta, rice, quinoa, barley, etc.)
- Nut butters (peanut butter, almond butter, etc.)
- Hearty soups and stews (pop top preferred)
- Canned vegetables
- Cereal and oatmeal
- Healthy individually packaged snacks (granola bars, beef jerky, trail mix, etc.)
For questions, email PGA Service Officer Tyler Williams. Thank you for helping support those in need in our community!
We had a wonderful celebration of TLS families at our annual Heritage Festival last month. Thank you to everyone who attended and helped make it one of the best ever. We’d like to send a special thank you to the parent volunteers who helped with set-up and clean-up and everyone who brought wonderful food to share.
For families photographed by Colleen Wes, you can find your family portraits on the TLS SmugMug website (password: BigFuture1920).
We also received thoughtful feedback about the Heritage Festival from many of you. If you didn’t have the chance to share your thoughts, please use this link to fill out the survey. The survey will remain open until December 11. Thank you for your feedback!
In order for all of our faculty and staff to be able to attend our annual holiday party, Extended Day will be closing at 5 p.m. on Thursday, December 19. We appreciate your flexibility, making it possible for all of us to gather and celebrate together as a faculty and staff community.
On Friday, December 20 we are doing a staggered half-day dismissal as we head into the holiday break with no afternoon Extended Day available on that day. A lot of cars will be arriving on our campus that day for pick up at the same time. Please be patient as you come to pick up your child(ren). Students will be dismissed at the following times to the Turnaround:
- Meadows students with older Woods/Cedars siblings – 12 p.m.
- Woods/Cedars students without Meadows siblings – 12:30 p.m.
Help support The Little School by using our special TLS link when shopping at Amazon.com for holiday gifts or any time of the year. Add items to your Amazon cart in whatever way works best for you, but be sure to use the TLS link to navigate to the site before making your purchase. That small action will provide funds to support The Little School. Thank you for your support.
Thank you all for bringing food for the Faculty/Staff Appreciation Lunch and Heritage Festival this last month. A few things were left behind at the two events we would love to return to their proper home. If you recognize anything in the picture, please stop by Admin to pick them up.
|Our first grade students designed scale models of their favorite type of building using Lego bricks learning spatial planning and design skills. What type of building would you create?|
|Students from our kindergarten classes love playing outside in our woods, lining up to practice punting footballs during outside time developing lower body strength and hand-eye coordination.|