Every day, drop-off and pickup are smoother than the day before. Here are some reminders to help students stay safe and sound at these times:
- Please pull forward as far as you can before having your child unload.
- Unload students on the passenger/curb side of your vehicle.
- If your child can get out of the car without your help, please stay in your car.
- If your child needs assistance getting out of the car, please stay with your car and let a TLS member walk them into school.
- If picking up a full-day student in the Turnaround lanes, please stay in your car. A staff member will bring your child to the car when it is the right time for them to load.
- Early childhood families, please be sure to park in a space in the Meadows lot. Waiting in the lot without pulling into a space creates congestion and makes things less safe for other families.
Please remember your placards at both times of day. They help us do a better job welcoming and loading your students. Thank you also for your timeliness. We really appreciate it.
There is still time to sign up for Enrichment Classes, with spots still remaining in the dance, karate and hip hop classes. Please use this link to see the full list of classes and to register: Fall Enrichment Classes. Registration will close on Thursday, September 16, with classes beginning next week. Later this week, an email with class details will be sent to everyone who has registered. For questions, please email Director of After School Programs Ray Castillo Jr.
Our faculty are excited to welcome parents/guardians to Back to School Night. These virtual events will take place from 7-8 p.m. (new time) across two nights, allowing parents/guardians with multiple siblings at TLS to attend for each class.
- Woods & Cedars (1st-5th): Wednesday, September 22
- 1st/2nd Grade: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84462702982
- 3rd Grade: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86010172916
- 4th/5th Grade: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/97105337397?pwd=cHVPUDYydjlIeW5ZTlVPL0kyRFlXUT09
- Meadows (EC & K): Thursday, September 23
We look forward to seeing you there!
Join Julie Kalmus, members of the TLS leadership team and other TLS families for a virtual parent coffee. It is a great time to connect with and hear from other families, get the latest school news and have your questions answered.
- Early Childhood Families – Tuesday, 9/28, noon-1 p.m.: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83413987492
- Early Childhood Half-day Families – Wednesday, 9/29, 9:30-10:30 a.m.: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84835578828
- Kindergarten Families – Thursday, 9/30, noon-1 p.m.: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83686271960
- 1/2 Families – Friday, 10/1, noon-1 p.m.: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87321086881
- 3rd Grade Families – Tuesday, 10/5, noon-1 p.m.: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84085782347
- 4/5 Families – Wednesday, 10/6, noon-1 p.m.: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85798789766
Dates for all the parent coffees are already on the TLS school calendar. We'll be sure to put reminders in Happenings with the Zoom links specific to each Parent Coffee as those dates get closer.
Members of the Little School community come from all corners of the world. A map of the world is on display in the Rivers Building, but we need your help to make it complete. Please go to https://www.thelittleschool.org/countries-origin to share the country or countries of origin for your immediate family. Flags will be added to the map so we can all see the diversity of The Little School community. Even if you shared this information with us last year, please do it again. We want to make sure that our map is representative of all in our current community. If you have any questions, please email Becky.
The Parent/Guardian Association (PGA) invites you to be part of the conversation on Slack! Slack is a messaging app that helps you connect with other TLS parents/guardians in your child's class and throughout the school. We want to help you connect, so we've put together a page on MyTLS (and a video!) to help you learn the basics. We also ask that all members of the TLS community agree to our Communication Norms:
- Participate in building community at TLS for the benefit of all our students and families.
- Be positive, kind and generous in our interactions and assumptions of others.
- Honor confidentiality and boundaries.
- Be inclusive of different voices and respectful of other opinions.
- Speak with awareness of others but speak only for yourself.
- Listen with the intention to hear and to learn.
- Celebrate the good work that is done.
Slack invitations have already been sent, but if you missed it or need some other Slack support, email Becky.