Drop Off & Pick Up FAQ
During the 2019-20 school year the school will be undergoing major construction which impacts start and end times for the school day, as well as parking and traffic on campus. We have reviewed this situation extensively and put into place options that put safety first and also provide families with opportunities to connect and build community.
There will be regular communications from the school, updating families on the current parking protocol. We encourage you to sign up for FlashAlert at https://www.flashalert.net/id/TheLittleSchool. This system is used to notify you of school closures and also may be utilized for parking and transportation updates. It will be the parents’/guardians’ responsibility to read these communications and implement the rules and procedures as instructed to keep traffic flowing and to keep everyone safe. Thank you for your cooperation as we manage this temporary situation.
4th & 5th grade students: 8-8:10 a.m.
- As part of their school leadership work this year, 4th and 5th grade students will take turns escorting younger students to classrooms. They will either go to the library and then to the classroom at 8:15 a.m., or if it’s their day to help, they will drop their items in the classroom and then support drop off until 8:30 a.m. All 4th and 5th grade students need to be in classrooms by 8:30 a.m.
Woods students: 8:10-8:30 a.m.
- Woods students will have the first five minutes of the day to socialize in the Courtyard and will be welcomed into classrooms at 8:15 a.m. All Woods students need to be in classrooms by 8:30 a.m.
Meadows students: 8:30-9 a.m.
- Meadows students who arrive before 8:30 a.m. will be welcomed to the Center Room for complimentary Morning Extended Day. Students will transition to classrooms at 8:30 a.m. All Meadows students need to be in classrooms by 9 a.m.
- Faculty, staff and parent/guardian volunteers will welcome students to school at the Turnaround curb.
- Younger students will be escorted from the Turnaround to the classroom by faculty, staff, parent/guardian volunteers and 4th and 5th grade helpers.
Park at the Lake East Christian Church and shuttle to school.
- The Lake East Christian Church is on the west side of 116th Ave NE, about 1.4 miles north of The Little School.
- Daily shuttle service will operate in a continuous loop from 7:45-9:15 a.m. Families who would like to escort their child to the classroom must use the shuttle. The last shuttle will leave TLS to return to the church parking lot at 9:15 a.m.
Drop off at Lake East Christian Church to avoid Turnaround and have your child shuttle to school from there. This option is only available to kindergarten-5th grade students. Younger students must be accompanied on the shuttle by a parent/guardian.
Walk or bike to school.
We thought about you, and you have options.
- Use your oldest child’s drop-off window to drop off all your children. One of our faculty, staff or volunteers will meet your Meadows student and escort them to the Center Room for complimentary Extended Day before 8:30 a.m.
- Drop off your oldest child at the Turnaround during their window. Then use the shuttle option to escort your Meadows student to class.
- Use the Turnaround for your oldest child during their drop off window. Go get a coffee, and come back to the Turnaround with your Meadows child during their window. One of our faculty, staff or volunteers will escort them to class.
Yes! We've put together a contact list sorted by zip codes to help you find carpooling buddies. This list will be updated with address changes as SFO forms are completed.
- Our shuttle is being leased from Eastside Prep. It is a 14-passenger shuttle that complies with Washington State regulations for safety.
- Faculty, staff or volunteers will greet students at the tent in the Lake East Christian Church lot and help them safely board the shuttle. The shuttle will then deliver students to the Turnaround, where they will be welcomed to school and escorted to class, as needed.
- The shuttle will be driven by Little School faculty and staff who have been trained by Eastside Prep to safely drive the shuttle.
- Meadows half-day students will arrive at the Turnaround at 12 p.m. for pick up.
- Woods and 4th/5th grade students will arrive at the Turnaround at 3:15 p.m. for pick up.
- Meadows full-day students will arrive at the Turnaround at 3:30 p.m. for pick up.
- Woods and 4th/5th grade students with siblings in the Meadows Building will go to Meadows at 3:15 p.m. and join Meadows students for pick up at 3:30 p.m.
- Morning Extended Day: If you arrive before 8 a.m. for Morning Extended Day, please park in one of our Extended Day spaces and escort your child to the Center Room. Morning Extended Day will be open from 7:30-8:30 a.m. and is complimentary during this parking squeeze.
- Afternoon Extended Day and Enrichment: If Extended Day spaces are full for pick up, please park at the Overlake Specialty School. Spaces there will be available from 3:30-6 p.m. After 5 p.m., spaces at the 116 Building, on the other side of Saddlecrest, will also be open to families. See the maps on the website.
- When possible, advance notice is always appreciated. Please email Student Services at email@example.com and your child's classroom teacher.
- Late Arrival: Please use one of the 15-minute guest parking spaces and walk your child to the Admin Building to check in. Students in 2nd-5th grades will walk themselves to class. Younger students must be walked to class by their parent/guardian.
- Early Pick Up: Please call Student Services at 425-827-8708 and let them know. They will communicate with classroom teachers to make sure your child is waiting at the Admin Building. Please use one of the 15-minute guest parking spaces when you arrive on campus.
- If you need to relay an immediate message to the classroom, please call Student Services at 425-827-4609 ext. 108.
- Reach out via email and set up a time to connect. Faculty emails are the faculty member’s first name and last initial @thelittleschool.org. You can find emails in the Faculty & Staff Directory of the website at https://www.thelittleschool.org/directory/staff. Please note that while classroom phone numbers are listed on the website, teachers do not answer the phone during school hours.
- Park at the church and ride the morning shuttle with your child. You can walk up to the classroom and say good morning.
- Be sure to catch the return shuttle. The last one leaves TLS at 9:15 a.m.
We are a school committed to community and connection and recognize that this affects the casual connections people make during drop off and pick up. TLS and the PGA will schedule morning coffees and after school play dates off campus. Please stay tuned for invitations to these events.