Extended Day Basics, Drop Off & Pick Up
Thank you for your patience as we experience construction and limited parking on our campus. The process will be exciting and full of learning opportunities, and the end result will be fabulous for our programs and our community. The Extended Day program will have some new procedures to account for the temporary change in drop off and pick up.
Morning Extended Day
- The morning Extended Day will run from 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- This service will be complimentary throughout this temporary parking squeeze. Once more parking is in place, the regular fee of $13 per hour will be implemented.
- Families will be required to request this service utilizing the online Extended Day Form.
- Families utilizing this service should drop of students between 7:30-8 a.m.
- Morning Extended Day will take place in the Meadows Center Room.
Afternoon Extended Day
- The fee for the Afternoon Extended Day is $13 per hour, in 30-minute increments.
- For Meadows students, Extended Day will start at 3:30p.m. It will take place in the art classroom in the Meadows Building.
- For kindergarten and 1st graders, Extended Day will start at 3:15p.m. It will take place in Alison or Cindy S’s classrooms in the Woods Building.
- For 2nd-5th graders, Extended Day will start at 3:15p.m. It will take place in Heidi & Katie’s classrooms in the LLC.
- Every day at 5:30 p.m., all students will congregate in the Meadows Center Room.
- Pick-up during the temporary parking situation:
- After 3:30 p.m., you may park at Overlake Specialty School and walk to TLS.
- We understand that, with this temporary procedure, pick up will take a bit longer. Therefore, we will take a close look at each charge and make appropriate adjustments. For example, if a family parks at Overlake Specialty School and the student doesn’t' get signed out until 4:40 p.m., the fee will be adjusted back to 4:30 p.m.
- If the student is not staying for Extended Day, the regular pick-up protocol will be followed.