Slack Communication Norms
The Little School is a community of connected adults in service of the education and well-being of our students. It is a place of inclusion, trust and compassion. When we build community and come together as One TLS, we are better able to support The Little School mission and provide a better experience for our students and for all members of the TLS community.
Slack is a place for parents and guardians to connect and have conversations that build rapport, support, care and understanding. Classroom-related conversations are not meant for Slack. Please reach out directly to the appropriate staff member for questions about the school, classroom or program. When in doubt or for help connecting, contact Becky Dolan via direct message in Slack or email email@example.com.
As a member of The Little School Community Slack, you agree to:
- Participate in building community at TLS for the benefit of all our students and families.
- Be positive, kind and generous in our interactions and assumptions of others.
- Honor confidentiality and boundaries.
- Be inclusive of different voices and respectful of other opinions.
- Speak with awareness of others but speak only for yourself.
- Listen with the intention to hear and to learn.
- Celebrate the good work that is done.
The needs of our community are ever changing. If you have an idea for a new discussion topic/Slack channel that would be pertinent to other TLS Community parents/guardians, contact Becky Dolan via direct message in Slack or email firstname.lastname@example.org.